Essay -Describe factors that led to the 9/11 attacks. How did the USs involvement in the Middle East shape their opinion of the US? How did that event change life in the United States? What was the response of ordinary Americans to the attacks? How did the attacks affect the foreign policies of George W. Bush? What affect, if any, did the attacks have on the US economically?
Short answer Answer 5 (not all 7!)
1. Describe the reaction of the US to the construction of the Berlin Wall and the Berlin Blockade?
2. Describe the Truman Doctrine. What were the lasting effects?
3. What were the differences between JFKs New Frontier & LBJs Great Society?
4. Why was the space race important to Americans?
5. Which president was a more effective leader during this time Johnson, Nixon or Carter? Why?
6. What changes did Reagan bring to the US during his presidency? What are the lasting effects?
7. What factors contributed to Barack Obama and the Democratic victories 2008?
Terms Answer 25 (all of them)
Federal Highway Act
Bay of Pigs
Civil Rights Act 1964
Brown v Board of Education
Roe v Wade
Iran Contra Affair
Iran Hostage Crisis
Affordable Care Act