Choose any 5 films
Wizard of Oz (1939) Victor Fleming
Meet Me In St Louise (1944) Vincent Minnelli
Ziegfried Follies (1945) Robert Lewis, Vincent Minnelli
Singing in the Rain (1952) Stanley Donan
Mary Poppins (1964)
Sound of Music (1965) Robert Wise
Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory
Cabaret (1972 ) Bob Fosse
Tommy(1975) The Who
Ginger Rogers Fred Astaire
Top Hat (1935)
Gold Diggers of 1933 Busby Berkeley
– Write 2 paragraphs for each of the 5 films you choose.
– Cite specific examples that illustrate the conventions of the genre.
– Use film terms.
– Discuss the romantic element, and how the film uses song and or dance to engage the emotions of both character and audience.
– Discuss the backstage musical (where applicable)
– Discuss uses of mise en scene that are typical of the genre.
– Discuss the skills of the performers.
– How does the agility to dance or the ability to sing affect the performance?