– It should be clear from reading that one sentence that it is a claim that lies clearly within a discussion of Hegel’s philosophy of art
– Remember that your entire paper is centered around this and nothing else.
– Explain all core concepts, art works, and any context needed for the reader. Make sure not to assume what needs to be proven, or not to make a case for or at least an explanation of your interpretation of the text since this is exactly what many scholars argue about.
– Your aim is to be convincing. Always keep in mind a skeptical reader to ensure that you justify your premises.
– For papers on art, examples can be very important. Choose examples carefully and remember that they will do a lot of work for making the case for your claim. Thus, you’ll want to work out the example carefully (the art-work analyses are practice for this)
Focus on Hegel’s aesthetics: Lectures on fine art volume 2