In a formal essay, compare two sources, (from class) that are from two different time periods. It is suggested that one source is from the 1700s/1800s and another is from 1900s/2000s. Explain how these sources relate to each other. Explain the time period in which each of these sources were written. (This is historical context.) Do these sources show a change over time, or no real change?
You will be graded on the following:
1. Use of two sources from class.
2. Accurate and in-depth description of sources.
3. Placing the sources within their time period. (historical context). Not treating the source like it is a present-day source. Not treating something from 1900 like it is from 1800, etc.
4. Comparison of sources in a way that takes into account the historical period of the sources.
5. Discussion of whether these sources show historical change or not.
6. Include an introduction and conclusion.
7. Use of a paragraph structure that is organized. Generally, one main idea per paragraph.
8. Demonstrate knowledge of your topic.
9. Demonstrate knowledge of this course.
10. Paper is 3-4 full pages, 12 point font, double spaced.
11. Use basic citations, stating what source is used.
12. Use a page number citation when quoting or referring to an idea from a source.
Note: This is not a paper where you advocate for certain rights or viewpoints, or debate things like abortion, for example. This is a paper that is about history and historical change.