– Compare and Contrast the reasons for oppression and the results of this oppression during 19th century.
Include- women; manifest destiny; racial superiority and slavery; KKK; political laws and amendments.
– Use specific examples from Howard Zinn’s “A Peoples History” and Voices of People’s History United States”
– An introduction with a thesis statement that clearly expresses your position.
– Body paragraphs with consistent commentary on the significance of your examples in proving your claim and situating your arguments within the context of this course.
– A satisfying conclusion. This is not a mere summary of your points. Focus on the overall historical significance of the topic.