It’s an online discussion board.
For Sikhism (125-150 words) Answer one of the following questions.
1. Outline the life of Guru Nanak and explain some of his key teachings.
2. Explain how military power became a part of Sikh tradition during the time of the Gurus.
3. What is the Guru Granth Sahib? What is its significance within Sikhism? How is it incorporated into worship practices at Sikh gurdwaras?
For New Religious Movements (125-150 words) Answer one of the following questions.
1. What does the emergence of multiple new religions imply about the success of mainstream religions in meeting human needs?
2. Describe and evaluate some of the theories proposed for explaining why people convert to new religious movements.
3. Explain the difference between a catastrophic millennial movement and a progressive millennial movement using specific examples.
4. Select any two of the new religious movements which are offshoots of an established religion. Discuss their relationship to the established religion from which they come. What similarities are apparent? What are the most striking differences between them? Why did these branches develop?
5. Briefly describe Neo-Paganism and Deep Ecology. What role does nature play in these new religious movements?
Self-explanatory without resources if possible, if not there’s a book called Fisher, Mary and Robin Rinehart. Living Religions, 10th edition, Pearson Publications.