Your responsibility for this assignment is to answer the following questions from the brief documentary found in power point 9. You can watch again the documentary here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_9tPJuHMAUn . I encourage you to use the internet, journal articles, videos, books, newspaper, etc. as supplemental reading to answer the questions. Use this document (or a new one if you prefer) and answer the questions directly. Make sure you post the assignment within its deadline using the corresponding Turnitin link in Moodle.
1. What was the main idea or focus of this documentary?
2. What are vectors? Which are the most common vectors of parasites?
3. How do you think vectors become a problem in spreading the parasite? Hint: think about outbreaks and epidemics.
4. What are life cycles of parasites? Mention at least three different life cycles from three different parasites.
5. From all the life cycles seen, which one is the one YOU think is the most complex and why?
6. Discuss pathogenicity (name of the organism, etiologic factors, symptoms, disease and mortality rate) of the following organisms mentioned in this documentary:
a. River blindness
7. Provide two examples of two roundworms and describe their life cycles.
8. What is the guinea worm? How is this infection diagnosed and remediated in developing countries?
9. From all the organisms discussed, which parasite YOU think has the greatest clinical concern? Why?
a. If you have been funded to conduct research about the eradication of this parasite, what would you do? How would you do it? instructions also uploaded under files.
the number of pages does not matter but all the questions need to be answered.
no limit to number of sources and number of pages ….questions just need to be answered.